The reason for the existence of this Online shop is a REAL PASSION for Specialty Coffee. I am glad, that my days are over where I didn't know better than Instant Coffees & Dark Roasts that are bitter and very strong in taste. I have learnt from the best and now fully committed to only serve you the proven, best quality coffee beans. So that your mornings are as fresh and filled with indulgence as mine. Diego Samuel's Coffee Beans are one of my favorites and go to coffees. I always keep 4-5 types of coffee beans at home, and I purchase a monthly supply. Everyday, I like to experience different coffee beans within my favorites range. I do also enjoy preparing coffee with V60 Dripper. Very proudly enjoy making coffee for my guests. Nothing can beat the freshly brewed coffee at home.
Diego Samuel started with his coffee growing project in Finca El Paraiso in 2008. To him growing coffee was fascinating. He loved visiting his friend’s farms and see them grow coffee. His family owned a farm that was isolated, so Diego saw the opportunity to grow coffee there. He began his project by utilizing 2.5 hectares of land. The coffee that was harvested was sold to local coffee cooperatives and that money helped finance his studies in Agricultural Enterprise Management.
Meanwhile, he started building a network of fair and transparent coffee buyers. Luckily we were one of the first roasters that cupped and bought his coffee.
Coffee Bean Process:
- Harvesting of 95% ripe cherries, 5% of red cherry (semi-ripe)
- Wash the cherry with ozonated water to decrease the MICROBIAL load.
- the first phase of anaerobic cherry fermentation IS for 48 hours in tanks with A pressure relief valve at a temperature of 18 degrees centigrade.
- The second phase of fermentation in anaerobic mucilage for 96 hours at 18 degrees centigrade.
- Thermal shock washing (in order to transfer and fix the aromas) Secondary developed in different fermentation phases of the culture medium).
- First: Water at 45 degrees Celsius.
- Second: Water at 12 degrees Celsius.
- Controlled drying for 34 hours, with air recirculation at a temperature of 35 degrees centigrade and relative humidity of 25%, reaching a grain moisture between 10% and 11%.
- Packaged in GrainPro bags and stabilized for 15 days.
- Threshing, electronic, and manual selection to reach the physical quality standard required.
Array of stones and tropical fruits, intense ripe guava, passion fruit, citrus flavors, rounded body, uplifting acidity
Producer: Diego Samuel Bermudez
Altitude: 1,920 m